In Home Care
Adult Day Care
Va. Dept. for the Aging
IN HOME CARE DEPARTMENT
What are the In-Home Care services?
Home Care Services is a service provided to older and disabled persons who may not need Nursing Home Care, but require some assistance with their day-to-day health and personal needs while living at home.
Home Care Services of the Lake Country Area Agency on Aging gives the "quality" care that enables a person to remain independent by:
Home care is appropriate for many people in a variety of circumstances. Older and disabled adults recovering from:
- Providing a service to preserve a personal sense of independence and security.
- Enabling a person to maintain a familiar community setting.
- Providing respite to family members who are the sole source of support and caregiving.
Home Care is also helpful to persons with chronic or long term disabilities due to failing health.
Home Care allows home maintenance services such as:
- An acute illness such as a heart attack or a stroke.
- An accident such as a disabling fall.
Along with such services as assistance with personal needs:
Lake Country's Area Agency on Aging objectives are to promote continued independence through the provision of service designed to remove housekeeping and isolation barriers.
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
Home Care Services is the answer!
Lake Country Area Agency on Aging
1105 West Danville St.
South Hill, Virginia 23970
Phone (434) 447-7661 - Fax (434) 447-4074
Toll Free 1-800-252-4464 (Within VA.)