Adult Day Health Care
Adult Day Health Care?
- A secure environment for adults that cannot be left alone in the daytime
- A structured program for socialization, mental stimulation, and exercise appropriate for physical capabilities of participants
- A program that provides daytime nutrition for participants in a home-like setting
- A program where certified health care professionals are present at all times to monitor health-related needs of program participants
Adult Day Health Care is a daytime “Home Away From Home”
Who benefits from Adult Day Health Care?
- An older adult:
- who is not capable of full-time independent living
- who is unable to stay at home alone while family members work
- who would benefit from structure, stimulation, and/or socialization
- An older adult:
- THE FAMILY or CARETAKER WHO:
- Needs to know his/her loved-one is safe and secure during the day
- Needs respite from caretaker demands
About Hazelwood House ADHC
- Hazelwood House is a state licensed adult day health care (ADHC) center that provides services and opportunities for older adults and for adults with special needs in Mecklenburg and Brunswick counties. Staffing consists of an ADHC Coordinator, ADHC Program Assistant, Activities Facilitator, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Custodian. A nutritious lunch and two snacks are provided daily. Every morning a session of devotions and exercise is held. In the afternoon, planned activities include crafts, music, reminiscing, games, health speakers, picnics, etc. An agency nurse is on site during all hours of operation. Incontinence care can be provided.
Hours of Operation?
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Transportation & Visitation?
- Transportation to and from Hazelwood House can be arranged through the LCAAA Transportation Department. Wheelchairs can be accommodated. Private Pay and Medicaid clients are welcomed.
- Short visitations can be accommodated by appointment.
For information regarding the Hazelwood House Adult Day Health Care program, please contact:
ADHC Coordinator & Activities Director
1105 West Danville Street,
South Hill, Virginia 23970